Switch the touchpad, trackpoint, fingertouch, touchscreen or a pen device on and off easily from the top panel. Optionally, automatically disable some or all devices when a mouse is plugged in and re-enable them when unplugged.
From GNOME Shell Extension Website
Open a terminal and run:
git clone --depth=1 "https://github.com/user501254/TouchpadIndicator.git"; rm -rf TouchpadIndicator/.git rm -rf ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/touchpad-indicator@orangeshirt mv TouchpadIndicator/ ~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/touchpad-indicator@orangeshirt
Touchpad Indicator GNOME Shell Extension is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPL-2.0).
Summary (from http://oss-watch.ac.uk/resources/gpl):
- copy and distribute the program’s unmodified source code (Section 1)
- modify the program’s source code and distribute the modified source (Section 2)
- distribute compiled versions of the program, both modified and unmodified (Section 3) provided that:
- all distributed copies (modified or not) carry a copyright notice and exclusion of warranty (Section 1 and 2)
- all modified copies are distributed under the GPL v2 (Section 2)
- all compiled versions of the program are accompanied by the relevant source code, or a viable offer to make the relevant source code available (Section 3)